Old January 19th 04, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Oyster readers turned off

In message , Dave Newt
writes
Kat wrote:

In message , Dave Newt
writes

Hmm, nothing in this case - my journey was not unresolved, since the
machines were off on entry, and the SAs were nice on exit. :-)

I thought you said you couldn't get out at South Woodford. Was this
because the Oyster wouldn't open the gate or because you didn't try
because you realised that not validating at Leyton would cause problems?

I tried and it didn't let me out.

However, I'm still struggling with understanding for which reason it
chose to do so!

i.e. because there was zero prepay (should have let me out with a
negative balance?) or because there was no recorded entry (should have
done - er no idea) or some other reason.

Some other reason I suspect.
The gates should open with a warning Seek Assistance if you have either
a negative Pre Pay balance or an Unresolved Journey.
They just won't let you IN again until it's been sorted out.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.