Old June 20th 10, 11:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
GSV 3 minds in a can GSV 3 minds in a can is offline

Default Which is cheaper oyster or paper ticket for 1 peak and 1 off peakjourney?

My journey involves starting at 9:30am from Pinner and going to Forest
Hill. This is off peak.
I used to use southern from London bridge but now the East London line
as opened I can interchange at canada water.

I buy a YP discounted travel card for £5.00 PAPER TICKET
I return during the evening peak, for which my paper ticket is still
valid.

I have oyster PAYG which also has my YP card on it.

How would the cap work, if I make 2 journeys 1 off peak, and the other
peak, if I used my oyster card.

Oyster would be more convenient as I dont have to queue.

Also another note:

If there are 2 trains at new cross gate going southwards, one being
the LO service, and the other being a Southern Service, does the
Southern leave first heading towards Brockley, Honor Oak ... etc?

I asked a chap at New cross gate when I saw a southern train on the
adjacent platform and he said the LO would leave. total nonsense.
Heard the door sounds on the southern train and darted across and just
made it.