Old June 20th 10, 03:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Which is cheaper oyster or paper ticket for 1 peak and 1 off peakjourney?

On 20 June, 15:20, Mizter T wrote:
On Jun 20, 3:05*pm, "David A Stocks" wrote:

"GSV 3 minds in a can" wrote:

Also another note:
If there are 2 trains at new cross gate going southwards, one being
the LO service, and the other being a Southern Service, does the
Southern leave first heading towards Brockley, Honor Oak ... etc?
I asked a chap at New cross gate when I saw a southern train on the
adjacent platform and he said the LO would leave. total nonsense.
Heard the door sounds on the southern train and darted across and just
made it.

I don't recall how far south of the station the LO track joins the
route from London Bridge. In perfect world there will be signals at the
south ends of both platforms, and only one of them can be cleared from red
to allow a train to proceed. Your problem will be that when you arrive both
trains have a red signal and as soon as one signal clears that train will
take off.

The junction is perhaps 250 metres south of NX Gate station - not far.

They should be able to leave together if the Southern is crossing to
the fast track (although they can serve NXG on the fast tracks
anyway), but then it couldn't be serving Brockley.