Old June 21st 10, 05:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Lawrence[_3_] Peter Lawrence[_3_] is offline

Default Moorgate & Met.Widended Lines you tube

On 21/06/2010 07:53, Martin Rich wrote:

snip
In the video, I'm intrigued that the Aldersgate (now Barbican) is
referred to as
'Aldersgate and Barbican' - I thought the name 'Barbican' only came into
use
later,

According to David Leboff's book the name became Aldersgate & Barbican
in 1923 and just Barbican in 1968. (The original 1865 name was
Aldersgate Street which became Aldersgate in 1910.)

I notice that the Pentonville Road station was Kings Cross St Pancras in
the video - later it became just Kings Cross (to avoid confusion with
the main LU station?)