Old June 22nd 10, 01:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Cycle hire

On Jun 22, 12:35*pm, Basil Jet wrote:
The Mayor's new cycle hire station at the east end of Southwark Street
looks complete, if anyone's interested.

It is - it's the one outside the new-ish Blue Fin building. I went and
had a look at it last week. There's another one just the other side of
Blackfriars Road on Stamford Street, outside King's Reach Tower, that
also looked finished, but was surrounded by fencing, so perhaps not
quite there yet. In several other locations the preparatory work has
been done, resulting in there being metal base plates ready and
awaiting the next stage of installation of the docking station.

No bikes yet of course - they'll come later, and the system goes live
on 30 July. I've a more lengthy post gestating in my head about the
Cycle Hire scheme - must get on with putting fingers to keyboard and
post it soon!