Old June 22nd 10, 11:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Cycle hire

On Jun 22, 9:41*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:35:19 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:
The Mayor's new cycle hire station at the east end of Southwark Street
looks complete, if anyone's interested.

And TfL leaflets about the hire scheme have started to appear in tube
station leaflet racks. I picked one up this morning.

Good stuff. I know in the grand scheme of things that it's not all
that, that it's not some magic wand that;s going to solve all
transport issues, that it'll suffer all manner of teething issues,
that it'll get hyped mercilessly by Boris and Co, that it'll provide
plentiful opportunities for generating bad press, and not just bad
press but bad things that may (nay, will, at least in some cases)
happen as a result, but nonetheless I find this a very interesting and
exciting scheme, one that has quite a bit of potential to make good
things happen rather beyond the narrow confines of the scheme itself.

As I said upthread, there's a long overdue post that's been floating
round my head about this scheme that I must get round to, well,
posting sometime soon! That, plus my 'trip report' on the new
countdown pedestrian crossing on Blackfriars Rd that I 'did' on the
opening day (that's yesterday)! Oh, and various thoughts on the ELLX
too...
fx: sound of utl-ers furiously adding one "Mizter T" to their kill
files lest they keel over from boredom!