Old June 24th 10, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Cycle hire

Theo Markettos wrote on 24 June 2010
11:07:28 ...
Roland wrote:
I saw one in Lausanne recently, where a chap was assiduously filling up
empty racks from a trailer (I did wonder what the carbon efficiency of
that was in the event he drives a few miles to deliver just one bike...
but no doubt over time it works out.

Lausanne is built on a rather large hill. I imagine all the bikes drift to
the bottom, so some kind of rebalancing is required. I imagine that isn't
so much a problem in London or Paris ...

In Paris it's certainly a problem at Montmartre, where bikes have to be
taken by truck back to the top of the hill.
--
Richard J.