Old June 24th 10, 05:20 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
E27002 E27002 is offline

Default Moorgate & Met.Widended Lines you tube

On Jun 24, 2:58*am, Mizter T wrote:
On Jun 24, 8:58*am, "Colin McKenzie" wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:03:16 +0100, Peter Masson
wrote:
SE&CR trains to Moorgate Street via the Snow Hill to Aldersgate curve *
continued until April 1916,

What happened to that curve? I guess it was built on, but sometimes these *
things end up as car parks.

Much of the curve was/is subterranean - I understand that the
underground NCP car park on Snow Hill occupies some of the alignment.
Been intrigued by this and have been intending to investigate for a
while, but I'm not too sure how welcome non parking customers
traipsing around on foot might be (not that such considerations have
put a halt to my explorations before!). Also the car park is closed at
weekends.

It is too late now, I know, but it would have been great if the trains
that will terminate at Blackfriars could have been routed through to
Moorgate. I guess a four track Thameslink would have been a bit
much! Persuading the, then, DoT to go for re-opening Snow Hill tunnel
at all was a big achievement.