Old June 24th 10, 09:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme[_2_] Graeme[_2_] is offline

Default Massive Disruption at Paddington

In message
Chris Tolley (ukonline really) wrote:

[snip]

Well, what happened was we replaced the lead, and it was promptly nicked
again. Then we got involved with a long debate about whether we had to
replace it with lead or could use some other material (Church has listed
building status). The debate rumbles on. There isn't really time or
energy to waste worrying over who did it, or whether the second theft
was connected to the first. Too many other things to do.

Well if someone doesn't do something it will happen time and time again
and again. And your church will become too expensive to insure if it
isn't already!.

The incidence of lead thefts in the area fell dramatically with the
crash in metal prices during the recession. we're more exercised by
graffiti at present.

The Barron-Knights song The Chapel*Lead Was Missing would seem appropriate.

I'll get my cassock...

--
Graeme Wall

This address not read, substitute trains for rail
Transport Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail
Photo galleries at http://graeme-wall.fotopic.net/