Old June 25th 10, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Cycle hire

On Jun 25, 1:17*am, Basil Jet wrote:

On 25/06/2010 00:16, Ian Jelf wrote:

In message , Basil Jet
writes

On 24/06/2010 22:51, Ian Jelf wrote:

I agree the public transport is pretty decent but there is scope
for further improvement. What is interesting is that a good
cross section of society uses it - it doesn't seem to be seen
as "a distress purchase".

That is a very Swiss (and Austrian) thing, generally lacking elsewhere,
to a greater or lesser extent.

Buses in Bromley are full of people who look like they have other
options.

You don't mean the Bromley near Brierley Hill/Kingswinford, do you?

No, the London Borough. In Kent. ;-)

It's about time we had another massive, circular debate about what
does and doesn't constitute London. Not!

John's point is right, of course - in many cases the *car* is the
"distress" option.