Old June 25th 10, 01:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] iharding160@googlemail.com is offline

Default Massive Disruption at Paddington

On Jun 25, 9:46*am, David Hansen
wrote:

Telling them that there is someone with a camera seems to work well.

The other one, possibly just a rural joke, is to tell them that they
need not bother any more, as one has now shot the intruders they
didn't have anyone available to deal with.

My uncle had a break in at his electrical goods shop a few years back,
and a number of things stolen. Discovered and reported during a
Saturday night, minutes after the theft. Initially the police didn't
even want to take a report over the phone and suggested he called back
during office hours on Monday and they _might_ send someone out. He
then said, truthfully, "I think they've taken my gun". The officers
in the two cars that appeared on the scene 10 minutes later were less
than impressed to find out it was an non-operational air rifle he'd
been planning to repair in the workshop.