Old June 26th 10, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Cirlce Line Reverts to Circle / New Metropolitan Stock

CJB wrote on 26 June 2010 09:51:03 ...
Crossrail work closes section of Circle line for three weeks
Ross Lydall
25.06.10

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...three-weeks.do
[snip]
The work includes platform lengthening to accommodate new air-
conditioned trains. They are in service on the East London line and
London Overground, and will start running on the Metropolitan line in
weeks.

Ross Lydall is, I think, the Standard's local government "expert", but
quite often writes on transport matters. You'd think he would realise
by now that (1) the ELL is part of London Overground, and (2) their
trains are not the same as the S-stock to be introduced on LU
sub-surface lines.

But the Standard's transport correspondent, Dick Murray, is no better.
Earlier this week he wrote that Tube Lines was responsible for the
infrastructure of the District, Piccadilly and Bakerloo lines instead of
Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly.
--
Richard J.