Old January 20th 04, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
dan dan is offline

Default Olympic bid transport proposals

"Booge" wrote in message ...
Even with the transport improvements that will remain here long after the
Olympics are gone, I still wouldn't want the games here. For two weeks, it
will be impossible to get anywhere in the city, everything will be
incredibly overcrowded and Londoners will be made to feel like foreign
invaders and not the millions of tourists that will come here. Experienced
this first hand in Los Angeles in 1984. London leaders are only going at
this as an ego trip.

hmm, well I would trade two weeks inconvenience for millions of pounds
new investment!! If you don't like the idea of it, go on holiday (my
sport-hating friends in Sydney did!!)