Old June 28th 10, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Cirlce Line Reverts to Circle / New Metropolitan Stock

On Jun 28, 8:44*am, Neil Williams
wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:54:13 +0100, Paul Corfield

wrote:
Yes the H&C will close for 3 weeks or so and yes the Circle Line will
return. I expect Mr Lydall will be holding a celebratory party as he has
taken every opportunity to moan about the revised service pattern since
it was introduced.

Can I add my own moan, then? *I have no issues with the service
pattern, but having experienced it for a week, the situation at the
Paddington "H&C" platforms is both dangerous and inconvenient.

One day it took about 10 minutes to get off the platform. *That is not
acceptable.

The potential for a rather slow exit from the H&C platforms was
something foreseen by many. I was a bit surprised that the 'Teacup
line' (to which I have no fundamental objection to) went ahead without
any changes at Paddington.

(As an aside, why are fGW, who I assume operate the barrier lines in
this area, so obsessed with revenue? *It is LM policy, and very
sensible it is too, to open barriers in any situation where they are
causing substantial delays to passengers or dangerous overcrowding
levels. *fGW/LUL seem rather reluctant to do this).

FGW are indeed in charge of the (repositioned) gateline now.

One potential way to avoid such gateline hold-ups would be to head
down the stairs from the overbridge onto platforms 13/14, then walk
down the length of platform 12 to the concourse. Not much good if you
want to stay on the overbridge of course (e.g. to catch a mainline
train!).