Old January 20th 04, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bill Hayles Bill Hayles is offline

Default Northern Line worry

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:38:49 +0000, Sam Holloway
wrote:

So as daft as it sounds, I think really do organise themselves around
train service patterns!

When the work at Blackfriars for Thameslink started, I remember the
Orpington Area Manager saying that it was going to be one of the
biggest white elephants ever. That the number of people travelling
from places like Catford or Croydon to Cricklewood or Mill Hill was
miniscule.

Then Thameslink became reality, people living in Catford found they
*could* apply for a job in Mill Hill (and vice versa) and traffic
rose beyond all expectations.

So it's not daft, and you're right.
--
Bill Hayles