Old July 1st 10, 07:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
PhilD PhilD is offline

Default Thing at Herne Hill

On 30 June, 22:54, MaxB wrote:
The box is immediately below the 4 car stop, so would normally only be
activated by a longer train. Can anyone tell me what it is/does?

Your desctiption (that I've cut) makes it sound like a treadle of some
sort. I'm not familiar with this particular one, but in other places
they are used to activate level crossings, amongst other things.
Perhaps this one lights up a stop board for longer trains, or
something like that.

PhilD