Old July 3rd 10, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Traffic light removal

On 03/07/2010 18:02, Tom Barry wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
List here...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...t_01_07_10.pdf

I'm surprised Creffield Road / Twyford Avenue W3 hasn't been included,
so wonder what criteria they have used to select them for removal.

"Being ten feet from the back gate of a primary school", in one case
(Sloane Avenue).

There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason, but you can detect the
differing attitudes of various boroughs in there - this is largely an
exercise driven by Kensington and Chelsea.

Repeating myself Ken & Chel seem to be against all control of traffic.
I couldn't get them to accept that the Appleford Road / Adair Road
crossroads having no give way signs or lines on any of the four
approaches was a bad idea.