Old July 4th 10, 07:55 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Metropolitan Main Line Question

On Jul 2, 9:47*pm, RPM wrote:
ISTR reading once that it has to do with the OPO equipment on the fast
line platforms, and that said OPO equipment is not suitable for use
under Network Rail/ATOC driver regulations. As a result, Chiltern
trains don't stop and haven't since the 1990s, as mentioned.

I agree with this but I can't back iu tp.

Notwthstanding out of course working, emergency services, and special
timetables cited upthread where special stops are made, I do think I
have read it is to do with LU OPO v. main line DOO working
differences.

It must always be remembered that what can be done for special cases
may not be practical 24/7/365.

319s have been in the channel tunnel on passenger trains. In special
cases. That does this a practical daily operation.

--
Nick