Old July 5th 10, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Senior Pass acceptance

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
10:20:12 on Sun, 4 Jul 2010,
remarked:
It appears that the funding will shift from District to County
councils in 2011. That will smooth things out a bit but still needs
a grant formula which relates more closely to actual expenditure.

It's not going to help somewhere like Peterborough[1], which would
presumably have the same problem as Cambridge does now.

[1] Which as we all know is a unitary County.

How short of its concessionary fares spend is the grant it receives?
Not over £1 million as in Cambridge, I bet.

Peterborough is bigger, so maybe there are even more people
travelling in to do their shopping. On the other hand maybe
Peterborough county includes most of its suburbs, in a way that
Cambridge doesn't. Your problem is presumably having so much
residential so close, that's actually in Scambs.

How many million tourists does Peterborough get each year? Get real!

--
Colin Rosenstiel