Old July 6th 10, 06:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Senior Pass acceptance

In message , at 07:08:34 on Tue, 6
Jul 2010, Paul Terry remarked:
So these are UK-resident OAP tourists who arrived by train and then
use the buses around the City?

I should think that rather more arrive by car and then use their passes
for a free trip to and from the city centre on the park-and-ride buses
- that's certainly how I use my own Freedom Pass, given the cost and
difficulty of parking in central Cambridge all day.

How far away from Cambridge do you live, and to what extent do you
define yourself as a "tourist" when visiting?

I'm sure there are some - although tourists are perhaps less likely to
use P&R than shoppers from Scambs, being less familiar with the system.

And are these tourists just "up for the day", or staying locally. In the
latter case the P&R is even less likely to figure as you can't park
overnight and you already need to drive to the hotel/B&B to unload your
bags.