Old July 6th 10, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default S Stock

On Jul 6, 9:30*am, wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 22:46:19 +0100

Paul Corfield wrote:
No they haven't. There are more of them running each week. Running
numbers 234, 236, 271 and 272 certainly have them on a regular (daily?)
basis and they turn up on other duties. I travelled on a 09 stock this
morning (236) *and let one go this evening at Victoria (272). As it left
n/b a 09 stock was arriving on the s/b.

Train 11 is in build and I believe trains 03 to 10 are certainly at
Northumberland Park for service. *I read a report today that said that
their reliability is also improving.

I need to correct the reference to train 11 - it is apparently being
commissioned.

When I went on one a few weeks back they had serious trouble with the doors.
Almost got taken out of service.

I have been kicked off one once for that. Whenever there is a
pregnant pause before the doors close I always wonder whether we're
actually going to make a move - not the right thought to have but
there does seem to be a lot of attention being paid to the door
closure process by drivers and platform staff.

So have they started hauling the 67 stock off for scrap yet?

Several must have gone by now because there is not the space to
receive 09 stock and retain all the 67s. I looked on the "District
Dave" board to see if there was some sort of tally being kept but
nothing there.

--
Paul C
via Google