Old July 6th 10, 10:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default S Stock

1506 wrote on 06 July 2010 22:01:07 ...
On Jul 6, 8:34 am, Steve ] wrote:
In message
, Paul
writes

So have they started hauling the 67 stock off for scrap yet?

Several must have gone by now because there is not the space to
receive 09 stock and retain all the 67s. I looked on the "District
Dave" board to see if there was some sort of tally being kept but
nothing there.

Latest Underground News from LURS advises:

Acton Works to Booths, Rotherham for scrap -

4038 4118 10th (May)
3018 3138 11th
4018 4138 12th
3038 3118 13th

After being moved Northumberland Park to Acton Works on 5th.

How sad, the old victoria Line stock was comfortable and, in its time,
technically advanced. From what I read here the replacement stock
lacks its level of comfort.

On the contrary, it manages to stop at the right place every time
without the driver having to use the emergency brake, which makes it
much more comfortable for standing passengers than 67 stock. And having
all longitudinal seating means more space for standing passengers, so
that's a comfort benefit too. I can't comment on seat comfort as
they're always full up when I travel, which I suppose means they can't
be that bad. :-)
--
Richard J.