Old July 7th 10, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Senior Pass acceptance

In message , at 19:22:37
on Tue, 6 Jul 2010, remarked:
Last time I went to Cambridge I was considering using P&R, but as I
turned off the A14 onto Huntingdon Rd it occurred to me that none
were actually that easy to get to from there. So I drove to QAT and
parked there. Not including the petrol, it was cheaper (for my
afternoon stay) than 2 people on the P&R. And when we wanted to
leave, we left. No messing about queuing for buses.

You don't say how long your car park stay was

The aim was 4 hours.

but you are one of a minority of motorists aiming for Cambridge City
Centre who don't regard QAT as too long a walk away from the main
locations. Maybe the majority of motorists' legs atrophy?

I do indeed regard QAT as close enough for most purposes, unless it's in
the evening when I'll tend to use Park St as it's closer to the
nightlife.