Old July 7th 10, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default S Stock

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 10:21:47 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

There are plenty all around the system. LU should change their moto to
Never Knowingly Early. Its fine for a train to be late but god forbid its
running slightly early - then you'll be sitting at a platform for 2 minutes
going nowhere.

It's not a bad railway rule to never accept early running, as that
means people miss the train. On much of LUL, that doesn't matter, but
on the Circle, H&C and Met, where frequencies are lower, people may
well be attempting to do so.

It's a rule I'd like to see apply to local buses. A couple of minutes
late = annoying but tolerable. One minute early = unacceptable in my
mind, though up to 5 minutes early is permitted by current rules,
IIRC.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.