Old July 8th 10, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default S Stock

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
news
In message MBoZn.113143$m87.61574@hurricane, Steve Dulieu
writes

Of course, the last web chat was before TfL took back control of
Tubelines, which looks like leading to postponement of the new
Piccadilly line stock. So SWT might need to come up with a new plan.

Quite, I'm hearing that a 'refresh' might now be on the cards to eke
them out to 2020. I wonder if SWT will be so keen then?

Indeed, and a 2 car '73 stock is something I'd be interested to see...

It might go a bit, assuming that they are both motor cars.

'Refurbishing them to make them fit for the Island Line' presumably covers
any conversion to two car?

Are the existing '38 stock exactly 'as received from LU', or are they
significantly different?

Paul S