Old July 8th 10, 10:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Paddington barriers again

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 06:47:21 -0700 (PDT), M J Forbes
wrote:

How on earth Railtrack/NR/LUL allowed this situation to continue
(especially with the more recent H&S interference) is somewhat odd.
Surely, if the "crush-loading" that others have described is
dangerous, then surely things should have been changed?

I'm not totally sure it is dangerous - it is just disruptive, just as
the situation on the LUL platforms themselves is - it can take 10
minutes to get off the platforms there in the worst case.

LUL clearly didn't think this through properly before making changes
to the Circle Line. (Changes which I generally support, but
infrastructure work to open out the platform and an extra set of
stairs were required *first*).

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.