Old July 8th 10, 10:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Paddington barriers again

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:45:08 +0100, Duncan wrote:

I can't see why the Circle line changes should have made any difference
to people exiting at Paddington. Sure the overall numbers arriving per
hour will have increased, but has the number of passengers exiting per
train really changed?

It is now the case that two trains worth of people can build up on the
platform (the second arriving while the first is still clearing). It
is at its worst when this happens.

At 12tph-ish, if it takes 10 minutes to clear the platform (this has
happened) you might even get a third train if you are unlucky.

Most people joining at stations like King's Cross heading to Paddington
got on the first service regardless of whether it was a Hammersmith &
City or Circle service.

Possibly. But I think going away from Padd that people would as a
whole "default" to the Circle Line, just because that's the known
quantity. Commuters, of course, will have their own way of doing
things, but there would at least be some split.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.