Old July 8th 10, 10:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default S Stock

On 08/07/2010 18:42, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message
, Andy
writes

A. Rolling stock for the Island Line will be in a two car formation.
Before using replacement stock we will refurbish the units to be fit
for the
Island Line.

Of course, the last web chat was before TfL took back control of
Tubelines, which looks like leading to postponement of the new
Piccadilly line stock. So SWT might need to come up with a new plan.

Quite, I'm hearing that a 'refresh' might now be on the cards to eke
them out to 2020. I wonder if SWT will be so keen then?

Perhaps keep the 38s running, as the Manx Electric Railway does with its
rolling stock?

Admittedly, the circumstances between the two networks are different.