Old July 8th 10, 10:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default Paddington barriers again

In uk.railway Neil Williams wrote:
I'm not totally sure it is dangerous - it is just disruptive, just as
the situation on the LUL platforms themselves is - it can take 10
minutes to get off the platforms there in the worst case.

LUL clearly didn't think this through properly before making changes
to the Circle Line. (Changes which I generally support, but
infrastructure work to open out the platform and an extra set of
stairs were required *first*).

There's a disused bridge linking platforms 15/16 and platforms 13/14. How
feasible would this be to bring into use (until the Crossrail works happen),
to at least relieve some of the flow from the west end of 15/16? Does this
date from when the Circle and GWR were linked, as an extra entrance to the
Circle?

Theo