Old July 8th 10, 10:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roger Lynn[_2_] Roger Lynn[_2_] is offline

Default Paddington barriers again

On 08/07/10 15:04, Mizter T wrote:
Must admit that I was a bit surprised when the Teacup/ Lasso
(whatever!) went ahead without there being any changes at Paddington
H&C platforms - I recall alighting there some time before the changes,
not during the rush-hour either (poss. shoulder-peak), and standing
right at the back of a queue of people waiting to climb the stairs (I
was in no rush) - the number of people hauling luggage up the stairs
(and not holding up for a moment for the non-luggaged folk to go
first) was a significant contributory factor, but even without the
luggage the number of people would have prevented a quick escape. I
spoke to the platform assistant on duty and he said it was always like
that!

Would it help if District and Circle trains were able to terminate at
Baker Street instead of Edgware Road so that passengers could continue
east on the Met? I suppose terminating trains at Baker Street or adding
platforms to do so would be hopelessly impractical? The gaps in service
on the Circle route between Edgware Road and Baker Street, and Aldgate
and Tower Hill have always struck me as being quite quite odd.

Roger