Old July 9th 10, 06:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Kings Cross Main line to Victoria Line?

On 8 July, 23:15, Phil Richards
wrote:
Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
That route involves going through the new set of tunnels associated
with the new ticket hall. It would be significantly longer overall
than just walking to the new ticket hall at the top level, and would
cause massive congestion if significant numbers of people did it.

The shortest route would be to run down the up escalators that go from
near the Piccadilly line to the Northern line, but I don't recommend
that either :-)

IIRC there are three escalators. Last time I changed from the Northern
Line to the Victoria line one was switched and taped off. Would be
interesting to see what happens by ducking under the tape or opening it
up & walking down... Far, far quicker than the long detour now in place...

The best way to get into the Northern line at Kings Cross is to ignore
the sign that points to the Underground (takes you most of the way
back to Yorkshire on foot) and go to the street at the front of the
station where the LU entrance really is.

Then go into the Victoria Line and get a train to Euston and get the
Northern there. If it's southbound you want, it's an easy interchange.