Old January 21st 04, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default King's Cross Thameslink validators

twalker wrote:
In article ,
says...

Jason wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:39:36 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

There are Carnet/Oyster validators at end of the long passage from KXSP
tube station to the Thameslink station, enabling pax transferring

It's not that long if you arrive on the Victoria line. :-)

...which is a good reason for me sometimes to catch the District to
Victoria and then go that way instead of getting the Piccadilly straight
there (which feels like an eternity!) :-)

This is quite baffling. There is no district line at KxStP, and if
you've already got to KxStP via the Victoria line, why not stay on it
to Victoria (where there are Dictrict line trains (and circles)
to South Ken.

You misunderstood. The previous poster said that the Victoria line
platforms at KXSP are closer to KX Thameslink than the Piccadilly
platforms... I replied that therefore to avoid the long walk sometimes I
catch the District Line from Gloucester Road to Victoria and then the
Victoria Line from there to KXSP, especially since sometimes it is
quicker than getting the Piccadilly all the way.

(snip)

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7