Old July 10th 10, 06:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Paddington barriers again

I've only picked up this tread today so and quickly skimmed through it
and apologies if what I am about to write has been said already in
this thread.

In the Sheffield footbridge thread it was stated that EMT as part of
the franchise specification set by DfT had to barrier the station, and
its this that has led to the unwanted effect of bloking the direct
foot bridge - tram stop route.

Does not a similar sort of argument apply at Paddington - ISTR
barriering Paddington was set in a franchise spec because for a long
tie it went without any. Was it not just after the current fGW period
that Padd gained barriers. So when talking about ''common barrier
areas'' etc i.e. common with LU is it perhaps the DfT or forerunners
who are responsible for this in the first place. If so, its bound up
in franchise terms and not easy to undo.

--
Nick