Old July 12th 10, 05:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Paddington barriers again

In message of Mon, 12 Jul 2010
18:15:29 in uk.transport.london, John C writes

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
news
Possibly. But I think going away from Padd that people would as a
whole "default" to the Circle Line, just because that's the known
quantity. Commuters, of course, will have their own way of doing
things, but there would at least be some split.

Neil
-- Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.

If I am heading from Paddington to King's Cross or Liverpool St I
normally take a southbound Bakerloo train to Baker Street and then the
Met line from there. If there is a long wait for the Met I have the
option of using the Circle instead but normally I wait for the Met
because it is less crowded.

If you wait inside the Metropolitan Ticket Hall gateline above the steps
down to platform 5 (eastbound arriving from Edgware Road), you can
monitor train arrival on a screen. There is only a minute's notice for
Circle and Hammersmith & City trains. It took me years of occasional use
to discover that. At the moment, "From Monday 5 until Friday 23 July,
southbound Metropolitan line trains to Aldgate are non-stopping." I
think you may have a good suggestion with respect to Bakerloo usage. I
find queues on arrival at Paddington are not much of a problem as I know
the doors nearest the stairs (16E-2.3 15W-5.2). Leaving from it is vile,
now they have removed the seating and seem to have put in distressed
decoration.
--
Walter Briscoe