Old July 12th 10, 06:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D DB 90001 D DB 90001 is offline

Default Paddington barriers again

On 11 July, 14:20, Neil Williams
wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:14:28 +0100, "Paul Scott"

wrote:
The 'design and access statement', figure 3.2.2 is a relevant section, but
the text quality is very poor.

Cheers - it looks like this will help a lot. *Though I think the
gateline for the bridge is badly placed - it is not wide enough and
should move out into the open area at the end of the bridge to allow
for enough gates for the large flow.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.

Admittedly, yes the gateline is narrow (assume you're referring to the
gateline on the North side of platforms 13/14; not the gateline for
H&C platforms because that one looks pretty adaquete), however since
the second bridge can be used by all other passengers (except those
who want platforms 10/11 and 13/14) so there shouldn't be quite as
much of a crush. Currently ALL Paddington passengers changing from H&C
have to go through the current gateline, whereas in future a lot of
passengers; especially long distance travellers - i.e. those with
luggage who hold up commuters, will be able to bypass that gateline
and use the other bridge instead where there are no barriers to hold
them up.