Old July 12th 10, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] davidmetzger0@gmail.com is offline

Default LHR to Tilbury Pier

On Jul 8, 3:34*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Jul 8, 7:33*pm, "
wrote:

Is the transfer at Earls Court easy with either a lift or escalator? I
could catch the train from Wimbledon there too.

If you're changing from Heathrow on the Piccadilly line to the
District line, the easiest places to do that at are Barons Court or
Hammersmith - received wisdom has it that Barons Court is the
preferred choice, and I'd go along with that as the station is rather
less busy than Hammersmith, plus it's quite an interesting place too
(could perhaps be described as 'quaint', though we don't really go in
for descriptors like that over here!).

The reason the interchanges at these two stations are so easy is that
it's cross-platform - i.e. the Picc and District going in the same
direction use alternate sides of the same island platform.

At Earl's Court there are lifts to interchange between the Piccadilly
and District lines, but if interchanging from District to District in
the same direction it's cross-platform.

Note that if you are planning on an extended round-the-houses route to
get from Heathrow to Upminster then you might hit problems if you're
using Oyster PAYG - the system is designed on the premise of A-to-B
journeys, and if journeys exceed a certain time-limit then things go
awry (note that the time limits are generous and fine for normal
journeys, so there's no need to hurry - but it's no good for standing
at the end of platforms watching the world go by!).

I'm actually looking for the quickest route from lhr to upminster
using the 2.40 1 to 6 fare