Old July 13th 10, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL Rail and Tube panel

In article
,
(Andy) wrote:

I'm not talking about the current situation, I was talking about
potential plans for fitting some extra seats to what will be at least
four car trains, after the Olympics. Is it really alright for the 4
car class 378s to actually have less seating than the 3 car class 313s
that they have replaced (and which have, correctly in my opinion,
already had some seats removed) ?

And I do use the WLL (and occasionally the NLL) during the peaks, so I
know what a difference the 378s have made. However I can also foresee
a time, when the frequencies finally increase (along with the extra
car) that all that standing space won't be needed. Is it really OK not
to at least consult passengers about this?

If the seats are only along the carriage side walls it is not clear how
you can add seats. The 313s lost seats by a few 2+3 rows becoming 2+2.
Easy to do.

--
Colin Rosenstiel