Old July 13th 10, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default TfL Rail and Tube panel

"Andy" wrote in message

And I do use the WLL (and occasionally the NLL) during the peaks, so I
know what a difference the 378s have made. However I can also foresee
a time, when the frequencies finally increase (along with the extra
car) that all that standing space won't be needed. Is it really OK not
to at least consult passengers about this?

When was the last major public consultation about either mainline or LU
rolling stock seating layout? I don't recall such a consultation prior to
various tube stocks losing transverse seating yet it's now the norm.

IIRC the S stock 'consultation' was basically a take it or leave it
exhibition, except for some tiny details...

I think now that LO have 'broken the mould', there'll be more on mainline
TOCs. The Greater Anglia RUS already suggests that new stock for some of
their next inner suburban trains (eg Chingfords) will have the same layout
as 378s.

Paul S