Old July 13th 10, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default TfL Rail and Tube panel

On Jul 13, 10:49*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

[seating consultations]

I think now that LO have 'broken the mould', there'll be more on mainline
TOCs. The Greater Anglia RUS already suggests that new stock for some of
their next inner suburban trains (eg Chingfords) will have the same layout
as 378s.

That's the first time I've heard of that. The franchise docs for
Greater Anglia didn't have any suggestion of new stock being
considered for the inner suburban lines which strikes me as a bit odd
given their age. I appreciate the RUS is a different document with a
different purpose but I thought the aspiration was for longer trains
on the inner suburban lines given there's little scope for higher
frequencies given the ambitions for more services via Harlow /
Cambridge. I can imagine that if NXEA got a 378 style layout they'd
never run a 8 car train on the Chingford line again. It would be cram
them in Japanese style on the Chingford line (as they do today when
they "forget" to stick the extra 4 carriages on for the peak) but on a
permanent basis.

--
Paul C
via Google