Old July 13th 10, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default TfL Rail and Tube panel

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
th.li...
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Paul Scott wrote:

I think now that LO have 'broken the mould', there'll be more on mainline
TOCs. The Greater Anglia RUS already suggests that new stock for some of
their next inner suburban trains (eg Chingfords) will have the same
layout as 378s.

You mean longitudinal seating? Seriously? I boggle.

Not that i'm complaining. It's just something i never thought i'd see.

I looked it up again, to get the full context:

"It is recommended that this [9 car trains] should be implemented along with
a scheme for replacement of the Class 315 rolling stock on the route.
Consideration should be given to providing Class 378 or similar rolling
stock with high passenger capacity layout, which it is expected will be
necessary to accommodate long term increases in passenger
demand on West Anglia Inner-suburban services and improve performance by
reducing station dwell times
in the peak."

Paul S