Old July 13th 10, 04:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristan Miller Tristan Miller is offline

Default Moscow Metro vs. London Underground

Greetings.

In article , Basil Jet
wrote:

In message , Tristan Miller
writes

Even where signs were
posted, sometimes it was in a very stylized font that took a while to
read.

The thing that looks like an M is actually a T with droopy serifs. The
rest should be okay (in so far as any Cyrillic is okay).

I know letter you're talking about, but I didn't actually encounter that
particular representation. My complaint is that there is no consistency in
the typefaces used for the station signage; some of the station names are
rendered in fonts so stylized that they'd take a while to decipher even if
they were written in the Latin alphabet. For example, one of the stations
I passed through used an art deco–style font with very tall, thin letters,
with the crossbars set very high. It was hard to tell П from Н. As bland
as it may be seeing Johnston used everywhere on the Underground and other
TfL services, you begin to appreciate it once you visit a public transit
system where there is no consistency.

Regards,
Tristan

--