Old July 14th 10, 12:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default LHR to Tilbury Pier

On Jul 14, 12:51*am, wrote:

(Mizter T) wrote:
Yes - though London Underground now impose a GBP5 minimum top-up
when using their ticket offices (i.e. the ticket windows),

Huh? Since when? I'm trying to remember when I last topped up at a ticket
office and not a ticket stop. [...]

January:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/13958.aspx

Though I think that's when it was applied across the network, as it's
existed beforehand at certain busy stations (London termini) for a
while (can't recall when that started).

[...] I never top up as much as £5.

I'm tempted to ask why, but as I reckon I could quite easily script
some of the likely responses (not necessarily all coming from you
though) I'm not sure I'll bother!