Old July 14th 10, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_4_] Clive Page[_4_] is offline

Default Moscow Metro vs. London Underground

In message , Tristan Miller
writes
I just got back from a trip to Moscow. I made extensive use of the Metro
there and thought I'd post my observations on how it compares with the
London Underground.

Thanks for those observations. It's some years since I last went
there, but that's roughly how I remember it. Many of the stations were
really interesting to look at, the only problem being how to find a
place to stand gawping around without being pushed over in the rush of
people going past.

One thing you didn't mention: all the escalators run at least 50% faster
than the ones on the London underground, which is much more efficient,
but the speed didn't seem to cause anyone any trouble. Now that more
London stations are equipped with lifts that the elderly or disabled can
use as an alternative, I think there's a case for speeding some of ours
up as well.

--
Clive Page