Old July 15th 10, 04:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Farringdon to be London's busiest station

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

They seem to be talking numbers of trains, in which case I'd expect London
Bridge (Southeastern to/from Charing Cross and Cannon Street, Thameslink,
Southern terminating, Northern, and Jubilee) to be significantly busier,
and I suspect others will be even busier.

Exactly - the number is exaggeration pure and simple. I reckon the post
Thameslink London Bridge through service is about 66 each direction, before
you even look at terminators or LU.

This counting both directions, as we've discussed here before - where what
is usually known as a '24 tph service' becomes 48 tph is the modern way of
spinning things. There's no consistency though, e.g. they still talk about
the upcoming 6tph ECML timetable, but surely applying equivalent logic that
should be a 12 tph service?

I suppose we ought to be grateful they don't count arrivals and departures
separately as well...

Paul S