Old July 15th 10, 06:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
TimB[_2_] TimB[_2_] is offline

Default BAA Heathrow CONnect

On Jul 15, 4:26*pm, CJB wrote:
BAA is well known for its inability to run a simple out and back
service, but they do keep on insisting on proving it.

This is what was heard over the tannoy at Hayes and Harlington this
lunch-time - at about 12.40.

"This is an announcement for everyone still waiting for the 12.03
Heathrow CONnect service to Hanwell and West Ealing. We just been told
that this service to Paddington was cancelled, but no-one bothered to
tell us (the staff) at Hayes and Harlington. We apologise for any
inconvenience caused by this cancellation." The next Heathrow CONnect
service to Paddington will be the 1.03."

OK - but what about the 12.33 CONnect to Paddington? Ah - apparently
that was cancelled too.

Then at about 12.50 an empty 'Out of Service' CONnect went through
towards Paddington. It did not stop. It was empty. There were
passengers waiting for the 12.33 service, probably some were also left
over from the cancelled 12.03 service.

What a way to run a service to/from one of the world's busiest
airports.

CJB.

I believe there are other trains from Hayes to Paddington.
Tim