Old July 15th 10, 09:40 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson Charles Ellson is offline

Default Farringdon to be London's busiest station

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:49:30 -0700 (PDT), 1506
wrote:

On Jul 15, 1:13*pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Stephen Furley" wrote in message

On 15 July, 16:45, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Stephen Furley" wrote in message

6. 2 Thameslink, 2 Met/H&C/Circle Teacup, and 2 Crossrail

That's what I was expecting, but it doesn't seem many to handle that
number of trains.

The 140 tph is the peak service. 24 tph each way on each line - actually,
the Met etc is already at around 27 tph, and is planned for 32 tph (16 Met,
8 H&C and 8 Circle Teacup) with the S stock and new signalling, So if the
aspirations for 24 tph on both Thameslink and Crossrail come about,
Farringdon could have 160 tph on 6 platforms.

Does anyong have the numbers for Clapham Junction?

If we're adding together NR and LU services at the same station then
how about Euston or Kings Cross St Pancras ?

Also, one would imagine the numbers for the KX St. P complex must be
very high.