Old July 15th 10, 10:07 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default Rare tour inside an abandoned tube station - St.Marys

On Jul 15, 7:50*pm, "Mortimer" wrote:
"Roger Traviss" wrote in message

news:wtSdnWo827P9yKLRnZ2dnUVZ_oidnZ2d@islandhostin g.com...

I see they make reference to this "unknown" station, or something like
that.

Seems the taggers know all about it though and can find their way inside.

Well it wasn't one of the ones that I was aware of, such as Aldwych, Down
Street or Marlborough Road. But sure enough it's listed in Abandoned
Stations on London's Underground, J E Connor, 0-947-69930-9 and some of the
photos for its entry in there were used in the BBC news report.

Aldwych was interesting too, for the exhibition of the future (or
whatever). The two lifts were fixed at the entrance level, and I'd
forgoten that they were not exactly square but somewhat trapezoidal in
floor area. Seemed like the entrance was clean and looked after. It
was even possible to visit and use the 1930s style public loos. CJB.