Old July 18th 10, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cycle hire

In article ,
(David Walters) wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 03:19:41 -0500,

wrote:
And membership?

Members have a key and I expect will either have bought annual access or
there might be some automatic charge you for a day if you use it scheme.

Hmm. That's what's confusing me. The keys are mentioned as available
separately for a £3 charge. No link there to membership. I wonder whether
businesses will be able to take out memberships for casual use by their
staff, for example?

Also, does anyone know how one finds the nearest stand to a
particular address?

TfL haven't really published the list in a friendly way yet. I expect
that is because they don't really know which stations will be live on
the 30th until they have finished the installs and found the ones with
broken telephone lines or whatever.

There have been various lists of planned locations published, one of
which is linked to with a map at
http://cyclehireapp.com/locations.html

Thanks. Looks like Smith Square will be the nearest to work.

--
Colin Rosenstiel