Old July 18th 10, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cycle hire

In article ,
(Paul Terry) wrote:

In message ,
writes

Thanks. As in another comment of mine, Smith Square will be much nearer
than Abbey Orchard St as my office is quite close to Millbank.
Curiously I've not noticed works in Smith Square and I've been there a
couple of times in recent weeks. Must be hidden away in a corner I
don't go to, by the old Tory Central Office perhaps.

The plan was to site it outside No.34 (next door to the old Central
Office, although I think it was actually used as an extension to
No.32).

However, Westminster refused planning permission on the grounds
that it was too close to St John's (Grade 1 listed) and various
nearby Grade 2 listed buildings. (It also so happened that
Westminster would have lost two lucrative parking bays had planning
been granted).

I think TfL are now seeking a site in the short road that runs
south from the square (Dean Bradley Street). I fear it's unlikely
to be one of the docking stations ready at the launch of the scheme.

Ah! Thanks for that update. Dean Bradley St wouldn't be so good for me. I
would have thought that Dean Ryle St (leading East towards Millbank) would
be a better alternative..

--
Colin Rosenstiel