Old July 18th 10, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU pop songs

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On Jul 18, 6:46*pm, "Ian F." wrote:

"Clive" wrote:

The song that I think you're quoting also has the line "Ten stops
from Golders Green, change at Camden Town" If I remember correctly.
(That's not a given.)

"Finchley Central
Ten long stations
From Golders Green, change at Camden Town."

Surely a bus would have been quicker?

Yes indeedy... well so sez journey planner at least (18 mins compared
to at least 29 mins via the tube). Perhaps the 82 bus wasn't quite as
good back then, and the 460 was just a figment of someone's imagination.

645 or 660 trolleybus? Until January 1962 at least.

--
Colin Rosenstiel